We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in The Clarion Hotel/Crystal Ballroom

Joppatown
1 post
Save Topic
Weddings in The Clarion Hotel/Crystal Ballroom

I'm considering having my wedding reception in the Crystal Ballroom of the Calrion Hotel. However, I've been reading a TON of negative posts regarding the hotel being dirty and having poor staff. I also read a story about a theft of gift cards from one wedding reception! Please tell me if you know of anyone who has had their reception there and what they thought.

Thanks,

Sarah

everywheree
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in The Clarion Hotel/Crystal Ballroom

Our daughter had her wedding at Swan Harbor Farm, and some of the guests stayed at the Clarion Hotel, at that time it was a Sheraton, there was no problems, but I can tell you we had guests who stayed at another hotel in the area, now that place was a mess, But it could be also that we had a great wedding planner in that area so we had no problems what so ever.

Havre de Grace...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings in The Clarion Hotel/Crystal Ballroom

I had my wedding reception there 5 years ago when it was the Shearton. It was very nice and it worked out well for 130 people. We had no problems with the staff, the food was really good, & they included a bunch of stuff as a package deal for one price. It worked out well for us and our pictures turned out beautiful with all the crystal chandilers in the background. We also just went to a reception there back in Oct 07, and it had the same atmosphere & fun as our reception. As far as the stealing gift cards comment, maybe it was the guests they invited. We had a mailbox up front for people to put cards in with money etc, and nobody bothered it the entire time at our wedding. The hotel staff was very professional the entire time.

I've been to Swan Harbor Farm also, and it's nice too, especially outside in the summer or early fall.

3. Re: Weddings in The Clarion Hotel/Crystal Ballroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 23, 2009