We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cajun Pawn Stars

Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Cajun Pawn Stars

I'm planning a trip to Kentucky from Texas and I'm looking at one route that would take us through Alexandria. Just wondering if any tourists have stopped by the Silver Dollar Pawn and how they were treated. All the people on the show seem friendly. I'm just wondering because we won't pick this route if there is a chance we would be treated rudely (like I have heard about tourists to the Las Vegas pawn shop). Love the show and the shop looks like a neat place to visit. Thanks for any information.

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
20 replies to this topic
Gainesville, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

I can't believe that someone could actually make such a negative comment about this place of business and the family who runs it. My husband and I stopped in last June on our way to Florida and everyone was just as friendly and eager to chat with us and the other patrons. Jimmy even took his photograph with us along with some of the other patrons and he didn't mind at all. I plan on returning this coming Friday and will be bringing my nephew who is a huge fan of the show and pawn stores in general. Maybe the person who made that comment walked in with a chip on the shoulder or got out of the bed on the wrong side because I didn't witness anything but pure kindness from the entire staff. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area!!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

I agree with patti5664. Please notice that the person with all the negative comments only has one post on TA!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stop there In May, and could NOT have possibly been treated any better! Jimmy is a great hugger too! :)

Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

want to come see your store , coming from new orleans, so wondering if you have scheduled days to be closed christmas week. and R there hotels to stay at near by

Saint Neots...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

How cool is that, what you see on the TV is what you see in real life!

Looks like the shop is worth visit .

Pasadena, Texas...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

Tried your website and said no longer available. As a matter of fact, anything on the web about your show or the store is no longer working. My wife and I are planning a trip in early October and planned to stop and shop. Are yall still open for business?

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

Chester W, you may want to call the tourism office in Alexandria 800-551-9546 before planning a trip there. Sadly, it does appear that they have disappeared.

Nairn, United...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

We live in Scotland and will be visiting my stepfather in Alex later this months .didn't know about you before watching programme ontv . Hope we can get some photos taken with you all . And our friends here have asked for autographs. I'm sure we will enjoy our visit with you especially if you are like the other people we have met and become friends with from Alex during our many visits.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

This "Cajun" Pawn stars is a lot of PR. They are feeding on the Swamp people series and no more. They are about as Cajun as Bozo the Clown. Don't waste your time as these people are as red bone as they come.

2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

I was there back in 2013 and had a great visit meet jimmie he was very nice.i would like to go back.enjoyed it

2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Cajun Pawn Stars

I was there back in 2013 and had a great visit meet jimmie he was very nice.i would like to go back.enjoyed it

Reply to: Cajun Pawn Stars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria
Recent Conversations
More Alexandria Topics