We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

My husband, 1 year old son, and I will be staying in this area for one night this summer. I am looking for some hotel suggestions--I'd like somewhere safe, clean, and comfortable, but not expensive. I would also like a hotel that might have cribs available. My husband is from this area but it's been years since we've been back there, so we don't really know which hotels might be the best anymore. We're fine with staying in either city. If you have suggestions, we'd appreciate them! Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Choice Hotels has four properties there; Comfort Inn, Clarion Hotel, Quality Inn, and Sleep Inn. Any of these should fit your requirements. Of the four brands, my preference is usually for Comfort Inn. There's also a large Holiday Inn, which, I believe, isn't very old. It's about the same price as the others, and appears to be much nicer. I vote for the Holiday Inn.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
551 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Lee, I second the recommendation for the Holiday Inn, though I'm not familiar with what Pineville has on offer. I've been to the HI for several meetings, and it seems to be be a nice facility. Colleagues of mine spent the night there and had no bad experiences. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll check into all of these.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Just another thought and question from me. Are there any suite type hotels in the Alexandria area? It occured to me last night that my son goes to bed a bit earlier than we do, so that might be a bit tricky if we're all one room. Thanks for any help!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Those types of hotels are our preference, even now that the kids are on their own. The La Quinta advertises suites, but they're rather expensive at $164 per night. I don't believe they're the same type setup you get at Embassy Suites and other suite hotels of that type because they only advertise one TV in the suite. That leads me to believe that the "suite" must be a separate sitting area, with no way to close that area off. Sorry....but you must know that Alexandria lacks many of the amenities of larger cities.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Thanks for the information about the LaQuinta. That's what I was afraid of! My husband and I are not big fans of Alexandria at all. I've never seen a city that can take businesses that are doing well in other places and will fail and/or be horrible in Alexandria (restaurants, stores, etc.). So, with that said, I don't have high hopes for a hotel situation to work out like I would like it too. We've stayed in hotels there in years past (as I said before, it's been many years ago) and were often not pleased.

Anyway, my husband thought about the possibility of getting 2 adjoining rooms if that would be cheaper than one of the "suites." We're going to check into that now. We also may end up making our visits in Alex during the day and then drive on to Baton Rouge for the evening and spend the night there. Our trip is still a few months away, so we've got time to check into that possiblity as well. Thanks again!

Alexandria, LA
Level Contributor
134 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

Sorry you don't like my hometown.

There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express on MacArthur Drive that has suites. There is also a new Country Inn and Suites being built in Pineville, but I don't know if it will be open by the time you come. Another new hotel is under contruction right off I49 by the airport exit. (Right next to Cracker Barrell.) The Parc England Hotel at England Air Park is really a beautiful boutique hotel, but it may not fit your budget.

There are so many new industries locating to the Alexandria/Pineville area that construction and new business is booming. I sincerely hope your impression of Central LA will change after your next visit.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

My husband is from there, so we've had lots of dealings with that area over the years. He's always been happy to have moved away. With that said, I do hope things are improving in the area--that would be good. Thanks for hotel suggestions; I'll check into them.

9. Re: Hotels in Pineville/Alexandria area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria
Recent Conversations
More Alexandria Topics