We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

Australia
1 post
Save Topic
has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

Hi,

I have looked at the posts and the last one was in sept. I am also interested in looking further as well as some of the other islands in the group apart from Funafuti.

the low tourist infratructure doesn't worry me but the statement about the lagoons all being polluted does; has this been confirmed by anyone recently?

looking forward to hearing any news,

thanks

Mark

Los Altos
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

I just got back from a very brief stay in Funafuti. The lagoon was not poluted and has great snorkling/diving if you are interested. It's a marine preserve. Cheaper to get there now too as Air Pacific has just started service.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

Is there organised diving and snorkelling and equipment hire or are you on your own?

Los Altos
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

You can make arrangements for various activities at the Vaiaku Lagi Hotel - the main, and at AD$105 a night the most expensive, lodging in Tuvalu. Lonely Planet has more information and you might be able to email the hotel too. Seems like a trip out the the preserve area was around $100.

4. Re: has anyone been to Tuvalu yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tuvalu
Recent Conversations