We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude beaches in Panama

Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nude beaches in Panama

My husband and I are staying at the Playa Bonita Resort and Spa in a few weeks.Does anyone know how far the Playa de las Suecas is? I've read that's the only nude beach in Panama and is very deserted. Perfect.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

Play de las Suecas is on Isla Contadora. You can see it from your hotel and you may even be able to arrange a day trip by boat out to the island and back but depending on the size/speed of the boat - it may take two hours in each direction or more. Alternatively you can grab a cab in the morning to Albrook and a short 20 minute flight out and you'll have the whole day on the beach and then catch the evening flight back. Its not very convenient for where you're staying so if that's your main goal you may want to opt for a hotel on Contadora. - Good Luck.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

Just for information, but the beach at the Royal Decameron is hopeless for nude sunbathing. Often, one can find a deserted end of a large beach and lay out in the buff. Not so here. The beach is very busy and in constant use from one end to the other. Not even topless either.

Seattle, WA
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

I just got home from Contadora and though I can't speak for the mainland the Las Perlas in general are very nude/topless friendly. I never went to a designated nude beach but because most of the travelers are European every beach was nude friendly. In some places this would be considered rude to the local people but on Contadora they are used to it and don't think twice about it. I even spent some time on a sailboat charter and even though the other guests were strangers we all were laying out on the trampoline between the pontoons enjoying the wind and no tanlines by the end of the trip. Highly recommend Contadora and sailing. Check out panamaniac.net!

beeton
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

hello trig73. how was your trip. my wife and i are headed down to the same place in the beginning of April. how did you make out finding the nude beaches, and how far away were they from Playa Bonita.

Tom W. in Canada

service@highlandgm.com

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

Interesting discussion, however I think I would pass on a nude beach full of Canadians and Europeans, now if someone has a lead on a nude beach full of Colombianas....

I need to claify by saying I like our friendly Canadian visitors here in Florida, it's just when they first get here their blindingly white skin is a distraction.

6. Re: Nude beaches in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 19, 2009