We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

Hartford
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

Okay- we got the flights all set! (my parents are taking my son and nephew to PC in Feb)

They are staying at the Mariott in Panama City...I've done some research and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good day trip or overnight in the Pearl Islands....the boys love battling waves and snorkeling, but my parents are looking for a blend of "culture" mixed in with the relaxation and fun. (they travel to Costa Rica often- and do the rain forest, white water rafting etc). I'm afraid that too many days in the city will get a little dull...

Tell me about the Pearl Islands...how much for plane trip r/t, and can you stay there for a night or two reasonably? where should they go?

Can you give me other good tips for things to do with the boyz?

(they are 15 yr olds) My parents are very vital and fun, so they are 'ready to go' as well!

Appreciate any advice you have for us!!!

The Bets

hartford CT

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Islands
Pearl Islands
Panama Province, Panama
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

Hi,

We are at the hotel the same time and we will have our 16 year old son with us. This is my 3rd time there and my husband and son's 2nd. We LOVE Panama and Panama City. It is a great place and country and the people are so friendly. I love the PC Marriot. We walk everywhere as it is very centrally located.

I would recommend that the family visit the Miraflores Lock and museum. It is so interesting. You can take a cab there. Also, visit Gamboa Rainforest resort for the day. We did the aeriel tram and Monkey Island Tours and loved them both. We also enjoyed shopping and exploring in Casa Viejo (the old city) and Calle Central.

The Malls and great and they just opened a Hooters in PC. There is also a movie theater about a 5 minute walk away. First run movies, in English with Spanish subtitles and it cost $2.00.....

We are also flying on CO but probably using miles, which is what we usually do.

If you have any other questions, please post or send me a private message at luvcruises at hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Hooters
Hooters
150 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Panama City, Panama
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

Just to make a small correction... the old city is CASCO VIEJO, wouldn't want you getting lost.

We live in Panama City and are really enjoying it. Although it's currently raining, we are entering the dry season. Be very careful when walking around, keep wallets in front pocket and a good hold of your purse.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Casco Viejo
Casco Viejo
9,491 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

The Bets, so how was your trip? What was your itinerary? I"m going for Spring Break with my 14 YO son and am just now looking into what to do while there.

14. Re: fun things for teenage boys to do? (legal things ;)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 25, 2009