We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Fares

DFW, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Air Fares

Why do I get an email with TripAdvisor | MemberUpdate@e.tripadvisor.com | & see a fare to P.C. of

Panama City

$539 RT

& when I select a return date the airfare is $670, what does $539 RT Mean? Is this false advertising or am I too dumb to use the system?

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Fares

Airfares can actually change minute to minute so when the fare was discovered by TA and advertised it could have increased demand and then increased the fare. Best bet is just keep looking and look at multiple sites.

DFW, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Fares

CDY, then I won't waste my time anymore clicking on TA airfares, it's a joke, WTF.

Oshawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Fares

Been scouring internet for 7-8 days……..make your return flight from Mon. to Mon. …….or same day for each quote…… i found a direct flight to and from Panama City…non stop with quickest flight and cheapest cost….but when I checked from Mon. to Sun. all flights had stops/layovers (lengthy) and cost was always going up, so even if you have to stay extra day….well worth the delays/layovers for 2 people….Joe

DFW, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Fares

What internet provider did you book your trip to Panama with?

Oshawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Fares

www.itravel2000.com

Air Transat

Toronto to Panama…direct flight

March 10-17

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Fares

I don't blame you. I like Kayak.

7. Re: Air Fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 19, 2015