We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long layover in Panama City

Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Long layover in Panama City

I will have a 7 and a half layover in Panama City and I was wondering if it's possible to see cultural or historical parts of the city in such a short time. I will be arriving at 8am next Easter Sunday en route to Lima. Will there be any interesting things happening on Easter Sunday morning? How far is the city center from the airport and what's the best way to get there? Taxi or public transit?

Mentioned in this post
Lima Region, Peru
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long layover in Panama City

You're going to have a tough time seeing anything historical on Easter Sunday. I don't think the Miraflores visitor's center will be open. You can check the Panama Canal website to check, though. If it is, that would be my best recommendation.

As for how to get there, unless you are fluent in Spanish and know the city, stick to taxis instead of the bus system.

Here is a recent thread that answers your questions: tripadvisor.com/…53512414

Mentioned in this post
Panama Canal
Panama Canal
15,562 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
2. Re: Long layover in Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 23, 2014