We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Panama City

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Transit in Panama City

Hi

I posted this question on the aur travel forum but didn't get any replies so I am hoping that someone on this forum could help.

I'm trying to organise flights between Dubai and Cartagena for December this year. Our travel agent has given us two alternatives via Los Angeles and New York. Both flights leaving the States are with Copa Airlines and transit through Panama City. The flight from New York gets into Panama City at 19:30 and the flight to Cartagena leaves at 21:12.

The flight from Los Angeles gets in at 20:00 and the Cartagena flight leaves at 21:12. We will be travelling business class.

It doesn't look like enough transit time to me but hopefully I can get some advice!

Thanks.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Panama City

Copa normally use Panama City as a hub, and are well used to dealing with passengers transiting.

I believe that Copa normally check you baggage all the way through. Also, you should be able to remain in the airside area, not have to exit through immigration and then return. With both of those, you probably only need 15 minutes transit time - it is not a very large airport.

Beardo

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Panama City

Shouldn't be an issue. Airlines scan these connections and flag ones that seem at risk. Uh.. I presume the NY ticket is cheaper than the LA.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Panama City

bill w - that is not always the case - I once missed a connection in Montreal because the airline underestimated the time it needed, and have had to rush with connections in Miami - but in both those cases, I had to exit and re-enter.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit in Panama City

Thanks for the help - especially from Beardo. Strangely enough the flight from Los Angeles is cheaper.2

5. Re: Transit in Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 07, 2014