We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel View in Panama City?

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
321 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel View in Panama City?

Would like to have a great view and be in a good location?

Any help?

Thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

Depart, my recommendation may not be what you are looking for but I'll throw it out there for consideration anyway.

I stayed at Bed & Breakfast La Estancia several years ago. It's located on the west-facing side of Cerro Ancon. I've taken some beautiful pictures of the city and bridge from their breakfast area. It's quiet, you can watch birds and monkeys as you begin your day. It's very near the regional airport where the domestic flights leave from. Walking up Ancon Hill is a good hike but the views are incredible from up there.

The rooms are basic (it used to be housing for American Army officers, I believe), but the breakfast is outstanding the the owners are wonderful.

www.bedandbreakfastpanama.com/index.htm

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,810 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

What do you mean by good location ?

I would think the upper floors of the Decapolis or Hard Rock would have good views.

The sea view from the Trump is quite impressive - but the location is a bit out of the way.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

Depends on what you want to see. From Decapolis you can see a lot of sea which is not so nice at night. I loved the view I had when I stayed at Torres de Alba (had like 180 view) as I could see almost the whole city including Casco Viejo. It is also close to restaurants etc.

Decapolis is also close to restaurants, has a nice bar downstairs and is connected to a mall where the Hard Rock Cafe is.

4. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 08, 2013
5. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 08, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,810 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

Dear panamatravels - please read the forum rules, in particularly in relation to self-promotion.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

Good view and good location could be two very different things. What is your budget? Casco Viejo is a walkable part of the city, Tantalo rooftop Bar has an amazing view. The top floor of Casa de Horno may have a view? Email them.

Clemintinas has a roof top patio just for guests, again amazing views.

The top floors of the high rises would have great views, but it would totally depend on the room they assign you to, and this part of the city is mostly traveled by cabs

8. Re: Best Hotel View in Panama City?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2014