We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poor Customer Service

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Panama City, Panama
1 post
Poor Customer Service

For those of you who know and trust the TRUMP name, you should NOT consider this Hotel in Panama during your stay. The Customer Service is the worst experience you may encounter. The Hotel is like a Ferrari with a Volkswagon engine. You will be completely disappointed. Considering the other incident last month when a slab of concrete fell in the pool area fortuneately no one was hurt. Please be cautious this is not the TRUMP everyone knows around the world.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Poor Customer Service

One of my colleagues stayed there last month and was impressed by the place. Can you give more details about the problem. "Customer service" can cover lots of things.

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Poor Customer Service

Customer service in Panama is spotty at best.

You need to think like a Panmanian which is to say dont expect to recieve good customer service anywhere - that way you wont be disappointed.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Poor Customer Service

You should write to Trump international.... That way maybe something will be done.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Poor Customer Service

I don't quite understand - your review says that you stayed there on business but your profile says that you are from Panama City. Why stay in a hotel if you live in the city ?

Which other Trump hotels have you stayed in, to make the comparison ?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Poor Customer Service

Good advice for travelers, CDY.

Another bit of advice would be to eat a little something PRIOR to going out to dinner as it may take a lonnnnnng time to get your food (even if you are the

only one in the restaurant). It has helped me immensely here....don't go out to dinner starving.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Poor Customer Service

I have been to several places recently where the service was fast. Last night at the Beirut, for example.

Going back to the original topic, another colleague is staying at the Trump at the moment at commented how good the service is. (He mentioned calling for a plug adaptor and having shopping delivered to his room as two positive points.)

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Poor Customer Service

Lack customer service and manners are normal in panama, I was at the trump tower too and believe me, the rest of the hotels are so much worse.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Poor Customer Service

Service and manners are awfully inconsistent in Panama. It's interesting that Colombia can be so physically close and so culturally different.

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
9. Re: Poor Customer Service

Having lived in both Panama and Colombia, service is much better in Colombia, especially away from the coast, Colombians are friendlier and the cops dont try to shake you down like they do in Panama City

Cartagena does have some of the same issues as PC however

10. Re: Poor Customer Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013