We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Can anyone make recommendation on walking tours of Casco Viejo? I know there are plenty of all day or half day tours of the city which include this area, but I don't like to be rushed and I really enjoy hearing the history of the area.

thanks

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Sara - Happy to help.

On your way to Cambutal (KM 104 on the PanAmerican) just past Santa Clara is Los Camisones Restaurante [ TA link http://goo.gl/N8fbY ] which we like.

If you want a day trip while you are at Cambutal - go back out to the PanAmerican, head west to Santiago - south of Santiago is Puerto Mutis (a very small fishing village with a couple of great little riverside restaurants) - north of Santiago in the village of San Francisco is a VERY interesting church, San Francisco de la Montaña [ http://goo.gl/6kAVW ].

Enjoy your stay.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

PS: PM is on the way reference the Casco Viejo walkabout.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Whoops, I see that I already sent you my walking tour and guide to sights.

However, if you want a guide, I do have this resource on file. Can't vouch for them first-hand, but it's worth checking out:

frommers.com/destinations/…3751010008.html

Phil, the office of Casco Antiguo offers FREE walking tours during the week in both Spanish and English. Oficina Casco Antiguo (tel. 228-3664; boveda1@cwpanama.net).

Libertyville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Thank you!!!

Eagle
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Today we did a walking tour with Steve...it was incredible..we learned so much about the city...old and reconstruction....really he is a wealth of knowledge...do not miss his informative walking tour.

Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

thanks all

Edited: 12:14 pm, March 28, 2013
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Walking Tour of Casco Viejo

We want to do a seld guided walking tour of Casco Viejo on April 17th.

Thank you, Phyllis MacCartney

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

We want to do a self guided walking tour of Casco Viejo on April 17th.

phyllismaccartney@gmail.com

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

We want to do a self guided walking tour of Casco Viejo on April 17th. Can you send us any information?

phyllismaccartney@gmail.com

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
459 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

Hi Steve

We did just as you suggested went to Oficina del Casco Antiguo last thursday at 11:00 they put me on the Phone with Gloria she was a great guide out cost was $15.00 for each of us total $30.00 for a 2 hour tour she told me when we booked it she would be there in 45 min it worked out great thanks for the advice

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Walking tour in Casco Viejo?

We have lived in Casco Viejo for over 7 years (and have witnessed all the changes; have taken uncounted house guests on tours). STILL, I have not heard of "Gloria." If you have information regarding her tour, contact info, etc. DO please send to me. I am happy to subcontract tours (as long as she knows the history of the 7 Churches and stops by all of them--all so different [the newly restored Neri is my fav], takes her tours into the "State Dept." [ministerio del exterior] to see the original city "footings" displayed under the Lexan platform, and includes the third floor reception room [gorgeous frescoes by Roberto Lewis dedicated to each of the artes[ in her tour of the National Teatro.) You can email her contact info and review to me directly if you wish: maryroush7@hotmail.com. And thank you!