We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haverhill...
3 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

Hi guys,

I am planning my honeymoon this August. We will be spending most of the trip (10 days) in Bocas at the Eclypse Del Mar and La Loma Jungle Lodge.

We will also have three days to spend in Panama City and am hoping y'all can give me some advice on the things we really should do, see and the places we really should go and eat.

I have been spending most of my time researching Bocas and am not sure where to begin with Panama City.

Our 10 days in Boca will have plenty of hiking, beach, and outdoor activities. So, for the Panama City leg of the trip we are hoping to have pretty comfortable honeymoon type accommodations (does not need to be an Americanized hotel chain) and focus on food and city culture (rather than doing day trips away from the city.)

Please tell me. What are the places you would really, really recommend as must sees/dos/eats in Panama City?

Hotel recommendations, sights, restaurants, any advise will be so appreciated.

Thanks!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

Tantalo, Casa del Horno or Clemintinas is Casco Viejo.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

I would stay in Casco Viejo, as mentioned above, as it is unique and close to many good restaurants and romantic ocean overlooks. There is construction and some places are pretty run-down, but it is unique and cool. We stayed at Casa Antigua, with a four-poster bed and french doors that opened to spectacular views across the bay of the modern skyscrapers. There is also a rooftop patio that no one else seemed to frequent, but a wonderful spot to take a glass of wine and watch the sunset. Plaza Francia is beautiful and romantic, when you walk up the stairs, especially at dusk or early morning. Have a drink at Las Bovedas there. An old man with a sweet voice serenadedd us for dinner at Plaza Bolivar. Go for a drink, for sure, at Tantalo Hotel, but as it is the cool place to go, I probably wouldn't stay there, cuz reviews have suggested it can be loud.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

I was just in Casco Viejo, and there is construction EVERYWHERE. They are literally tearing up all the streets. I don't know if this will be done by August, but I suspect not. Not necessarily a reason not to stay there - I agree it is unique and cool place. Just making you aware, as it limits the ambience a bit.

For eating, I'd second Las Bovedas. The food is good there as well. Caffe per Due has great pizza and salads, and Bucanero on the causeway was really delicious. Live music some nights, and very reasonable prices.

For sights, be sure to visit the Miraflores Locks. Also a fun thing to do is to walk to the fish market and get some ceviche.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
125 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

We are currently in panama city and went to Casco Viejo tonight. Casco Viejo was very disappointing and was a little scary. Construction everywhere! Restaurants far apart from each other with construction and very undesirable real estate in between. We did have a good dinner at Diablitos in Casco Viejo though.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

Casco Viejo is not really a nice place to stay. It is the old historical city of Panama a turista walking place to tour in the daytime. At nite it is the home of the most expensive places to wine and dine. You can purchase a $35.00 ticket which gets you one drink in 5 different taverns.

Panama City has nice places to shop including a Rolex watch store with great discounted prices. I would recommend a trip to the Miraflores Locks which has a wonderful museum and viewing deck of ships passing thru the lock.

As for a place to stay my recommendations are the Country Inn at Amador with the canal side room or the Gamboa Rain Forrest Resort just 20 min outside of the city.

Wish you a happy honeymoon and you enjoy Panama enough to return and recommend Panama to others.

Edited: 4:32 pm, July 23, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

DEcide for yourself what you want. We structured our vacation to have some beach and nature time, but really loved the old architecture, history and unique setting of Casco Viejo for 2 nights there. If you enjoy history and culture, do not miss this place! If you just want to chill on a beach or prefer to stay in the midst of tropical nature, go elsewhere. Understand that CV is in transition,with construction. watch your step.. If you stay within designated boundaries, you will be fine with safety.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
125 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

We are staying at the country inn at Amador. The views, food and service are amazing!

8. Re: 3 days in Panama City honeymoon. Must see/do/easts for PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 20, 2013