We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hr layover - Itinerary Review

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
7 hr layover - Itinerary Review

Hi All,

was wondering if somebody could give me an opinion on the following 7hr itinerary.

Some background...

Flight info:

Arrive: Wed Nov 7 @ 2:12pm

Depart: Wed Nov 7 @ 9:08pm

-no baggage, just a some camera equipment, laptop and a backpack

What we would like to do: Mercado de Mariscos, Miraflores Locks, Casco Viejo, Panama Vieja.

Given the traffic concerns, more likely Locks and Casco Viejo are the only thing we can do. So does this make sense

2:12pm-4:00pm - Immigration and drive to Miraflores Locks

4:00pm-5:00pm - Miraflores Locks

5:00pm-7:00pm - Casco Viejo and grab something quick to eat

7:00pm-8:00pm - Taxi back to PTY

8:00pm-8:30pm - PTY Security

Thanks!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hr layover - Itinerary Review

That seems pretty good. Panama Viejo is completely out of the way if you're doing Casco Viejo and the Miraflores locks, although if you ask your taxi driver he may be able to bring you through the area on the way to the airport. I don't know if you'll be able to make it to the locks by 4, it's pretty far and it gets pretty congested, though to be fair I haven't attempted the trip around that time.

Arlington...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hr layover - Itinerary Review

I had the same lay over yesterday. Used a local guy to drive me around. Hit up Miraflores, Casco Viejo, Plaza Francia a local restaurant on Calle Uruguay for dinner and back to the airport with time to spare. Guy was great at navigating the notorious Friday rush hour traffic. Would highly recommend him: VegaLuis2010@gmail.com

I realize this may be too late for you since the post is a month old, but might help someone with a similar question.

3. Re: 7 hr layover - Itinerary Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 20, 2013