We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Metrobus

Orlando FL
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New Metrobus

Can anyone tell me if these new buses will operate from the Tocumen Airport to the Albrook Airport. Also is there some place online to look at the bus routes and schedules?

Thanks

Panama, Rep de...
Level Contributor
261 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Metrobus

there is a route that goes by Tocumen, but does not stop at the airport. I have also been looking for route information and schedules, but still have come empty handed.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Metrobus

No schedules yet, nothing from the airport directly yet, the full Metrobus system is not fully implemented - they are replacing the old buses on a route by route basis as the new buses are delivered.

Don't know if there are any plans for the Metrobus to actually run from the airport - I have seen some run near Albrook but not sure there's a route that runs right to the airport.

Maybe one day they'll actually publish a route map - but don't hold your breath for it!!!

Cheers,

Andrew

Milton, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Metrobus

I am bringing 16 teenagers on a church mission trip to Paraguay with a one-day layover in Panama on August 2. We are staying at the Albrook Hotel and I'm looking for the cheapest way to get back and forth between the hotel and the airport. Can someone help?

Also, does anyone know if we can take the metrobus from Albrook Hotel to the Panama Canal?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Metrobus

The biggest hurdle for visitors, in addition to the lack of route information, is that the MetroBus system no longer accepts cash ONLY a rechargeable debit card which is NOT available from the driver.

@fowler35 - Taxi van is probably your only option. Have you asked your hotel? They can usually make arrangements for you so that someone is waiting when you arrive.

Steve www.panamanotes.cmo

Edited: 7:54 pm, July 12, 2012
Panama, Rep de...
Level Contributor
261 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Metrobus

as far as i know MetroBus does not go to Miraflores Locks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Metrobus

When I stayed at the Hotel Pension Corona, there is bus stop right across the street. Many buses go to ALLBROOK MALL. The mall is right next to the Grand Bus Terminal and a few minute taxi ride to the Allbrook (proper name Marcos Gelebert) airport.

You must have a Metrobus card (cash not accepted) Ask your hotel where to find an outlet to buy new card ($2 for card, $2 for initial load)

Now to get to the Panama Canal (Miraflores Locks Visitor Center), simply take the new Hop On Hop Off Panama sightseeing bus (Canal Route) $29 day pass from Allbook Mall.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
643 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Metrobus

stxSteve Your server can't be found. Is your site spelled correctly?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Metrobus

My bad - www.panamanotes.com

Steve

9. Re: New Metrobus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, December 14, 2013