We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

Forestville...
Level Contributor
204 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

I'm thinking about taking a solo trip to Panama City. I don't know a lot about the city except for how passionate people speak about the culture, the people etc.

I am a female solo traveler 40, who is not much into clubbing (anymore) but do enjoy city life. My questions are:

1) What part of town should I stay in if i want to be a) safe and b) close to the energy of the city?

2) Any recommendations of clean/budget friendly accommodations in this area?

3) Info about tours.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please email me at spachick2000@yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

1) Stay in Bella Vista, El Cangrejo or El Carmen.

2) You may want to check out La Casa del Carmen or Chateaux de Xelo - both small Hostel/B&B type places in safe neighborhoods (close to each other actually) or there's some small places on/off Via Argentina.

3) ??? You can contact any of the following for tours:

www.easytravelpanama.net

www.insidepty.com

www.myfriendmario.com

I know the owners of all 3 quite well and they all provide solid, reliable service.

Cheers,

Andrew

Balboa, Panama
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

And of course there's the Balboa/Ancon area. Very safe, very green, much more quiet (less noise than the other areas) and yet close to everything.

The Balboa Inn and La Estancia are the favorite B&B's in that area and both will assist you with making the most out of your time in Panama.

Thorwald

Mentioned in this post
The Balboa Inn
The Balboa Inn
431 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

While I think the Balboa Inn is a great place, I didn't suggest it initially due to your "requirement" b) close to the energy of the city

Both the Balboa Inn and La Estancia are in residential neighborhoods and not very close to "where it's happening"... Both are superb options though.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mentioned in this post
The Balboa Inn
The Balboa Inn
431 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Medellin
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

Torres de Alba - $90/night

Hotel Milan - $65/night

About one block from one another in Cangrejo, you can walk to countless restaurants, very safe area for a large city.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Milan
Hotel Milan
344 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
5. Re: Where do I start with Panama City, Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Panama City