We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Activities for Kids

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Panama City Activities for Kids

I am planning on going to Panama City for the first time this Spring Break. I have 4 children....ages 6, 7, 15 and 18. I was wondering what activities there are for kids????? I can't seem to find anything. I usually go to Myrtle Beach and they have a LOT to do. Am I making a mistake by going to Panama City?

Cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Activities for Kids

Try posting this in the beach forum here

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34543-i127-Panama…

Balboa, Panama
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Activities for Kids

Depends a little bit on how many days you need to fill but a few suggestions:

- Amador Causeway - renting bycicles (that seat 4) and drive down along the Causeway. Nice views, great places for lunch/dinner

- Miraflores visitor center - the exhibition may be a little too much for the younger ones but the big ships out there are great for all ages

- take the train to Colon (or from Colon back to Panama City). Arranage a beach visit near Ft. Lorenzo and visit the fortress there (monkeys too!)

- an Embera village trip (www.emberavillagetours.com); especially great for the teens but the boat ride is cool for the younger ones too.

- Summit Garden. Not like the Washington DC metro zoo but still a nice way to spend the afternoon or early morning.

- Anybody like fishing ? Go to Gatun lake for a morning.

So, it's not Myrtle beach but there's enough to do for kids.

Thorwald

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Activities for Kids

Stop for ice cream at Gran Clement in Casco Viejo after walking around for a bit looking at the old buildings, the presidential palace etc.

Head out to Santa Clara beach for the day, rent a bohio on the beach with hammocks, horses are available for the kids to ride.

Explora science museum will keep them busy for a few hours - about 30 minutes from the center of town past the El Dorado area.

Visit Panama Viejo one morning - climb the old tower, see the other ruins of this 500-year old city.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Activities for Kids

your advice to basketscrapper of stopping for ice cream at Gran Clement sounds good to me, too. Our "kids" are 17 and 18 but we all fancy an ice cream break. I have a Casco Viejo walking tour map (I think it came from Frommers online or it may have been Fodors) and we will plan to spend a day there I think. Where exactly is Gran Clement?

Also, what suggestion would you make for our lunch there that day? Not one of the expensive places, but not a dive either. Something inexpensive but charming?

The trip is getting closer and I'm getting excited.

Thanks for all your help!

5. Re: Panama City Activities for Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, November 02, 2009