We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
safety

I am thinking of travelling bymyself to Panama city in august and staying at the Riande Continetal and just wondering about safety. I like to go out and enjoy wine and night clubs, I dont speak spanish and i have blonde hair. What should i beware of? Thanks Tina from Australia

Panama, Rep. Panama
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

Hi Tina,

My comments to Keffy apply for you too, Good lucks,

In general Panama is safe and we care the single female turists like "Queen" because if you need assitance only asking and everybody will be open to help you. also you will love Panama because is not a hot turistic spot yet also a lot people undertand some English, spanglish and spanish no big problem with the communication . regarding the structure of the city is more comparable with Venezuela, Colombia and Puerto Rico than with any country in Central America. About the weather and geography is comparable with Hawaii but with big dance influence of Puerto Rico and Dominic Rep., Everybody like to dance merenge, salsa, bachata and reggae. and a lot radio stations plays these music all the day.

About hotel:

Tripadvisor have a list of some great hotels in Panama or if you need something more smaller or cheaper than here put a post with your requeriment.

About dancing salsa:

I recommend you go to "Bohio Florencia" on Thursday evening

because from there you will find some leaders teaching in small groups to all ages people to dance salsa. If you want to join a group to learn or practice will cost you US$3 but if you want only see, get info. or do contact is free. The atmofere of the groups are great, I sure you will like it. plus there you will find a lot of elite salsa dancer and they know the hot clubs to dance salsa during the weekend.

About to walk alone late in the night I am not recommend you because you could be confused with a ladies of the night (sluts)

and during your way is possible that a bunch of cars stoping to pick you up. To avoid these experience please take a taxi the cost going around US$1.50- US$2.00 and extra 40 cents after 11:00 pm. in fact, from Riande Cont. hotel to Bohio Florencia the rate is $1.50 but between 11:00 pm to 5:00 am the price going to increase to $1.90

If you need more info. write it.