We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entertainment-Royal Decameron

Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
entertainment-Royal Decameron

What is the entertainment like? A show a nite? Disco? Is it lively?

Is there activities in the day around the pool?

I do enjoy to relax but alittle nite life is a nice change too.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entertainment-Royal Decameron

Hi Roody,

This is based on my experience when I went in late march 2007.

There are nightly shows, they end at 10. It's at the main stage, by lobby #1. They are fun; the host speaks english, spanish and french and is quite a charactor (if they still have the same one). They held a dancing contest between couples on the resort on the main stage..that was fun to see. They have alotta dancing and lipsyncing to popular American stuff.

There are activities to do around the pool area...the question is which pool lol, as there's so many of them. It's where you get your complimentary towel, that pool. They have a crew of ppl that set up beach volleyball games, drinking contests, water polo etc. Its fun, and they're a lively crew of ppl that organize events.

The disco is located all the way on the other side of the resort...they played the same songs everyday except in different order and there wasn't a whole lotta ppl there but i had fun. I think the reason is, is because this resort is basically all couples and like no singles ( i came solo) so very few couples would come.

The disco is really the only nitelife...there's a also a smaller restaurent by the beach which is quiet and has food and drinks there too (not sure about drinks).

Bellevue, Kentucky
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: entertainment-Royal Decameron

Just got back from my 9th visit to RD.

The nightly show starts at 9:45pm. It rotates between a contest (Mr. Decameron, Best couple, etc) and a performance show by the dancers. Usually on Wed night (this can change due to circumstances) dancers come from the city to perform for Panamanian folklore night. The shows usually end around 11:00 or 11:15.

The disco is nice but if you don't know someone or go with someone its not as fun. They play a lot of the same music but do vary the music depending on the crowd. If they know there are a lot of Canadians, they will throw a little more pop/dance music but on the weekends when there is a lot of locals (and Columbians) they play mostly latin music.

The main activities pool is by Atlantis restaurant but they do activities at the pool by Nega Nega also. The activities start with stretching excersizes at 9:00am and then go on till noon with things like darts, boccia, horseshoes and my favorites volleyball & dance class. The restart the activities in the afternoon at around 3pm and go on til 6:00pm when the towel hut closes.

V.

3. Re: entertainment-Royal Decameron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 11, 2009