We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transportation from Panama City to Bocas?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transportation from Panama City to Bocas?

We are a family of four looking at a possible trip to Panama in August. Flying from Panama City to Bocas del Toro seems a bit too high for the four of us and I am not looking forward to a 10 hour bus trip.

Any one have an experience of hiring a driver to drive there? How much would be a reasonable amount you could expect to pay for this kind of service?

Thank you!

Hello Travel Panama
Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Kayaking & Canoeing, Cultural Tours
Lis Transport
Taxis & Shuttles
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transportation from Panama City to Bocas?

I don't know the exact amount, but based on the fact that it's a 10 to 12 hour drive, and figuring that a one-hour drive to Colón costs in the range of $130, I would expect it to be much more costly than flying. On top of that, I'm sure you would also have to pay for the driver's overnight expenses before returning to Panama City. The next question is, how would you get back?

2. Re: Private Transportation from Panama City to Bocas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:51 am, May 26, 2014
3. Re: Private Transportation from Panama City to Bocas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 27, 2015