We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

Snohomish...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

I'm planning a trip to Panama with my wife and 14-year old grandson for July 2013. I've contacted a company called Panama Travel Consultants. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thank you!

49 replies to this topic
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,707 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

Sorry i remain unconvinced, you just came back from your first trip outside the country and the only posts - 5 of them are about a travel consultant that is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I think the guy is gaming the system here with straw reviews.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

As experienced travels (64 & 72) we are still very active, and wanted a trip that would provide ample hiking, birding, and comfortable places to stay outside the bustle of Panama City.

By FAR, Scott at Panama Travel Consultants provided us with the most helpful planning and execution of any trip we have done in many years. He is a hands on guy, guiding us all the way through from the very start until the day we left, and Scott always answered all our questions promptly and completely. He was always available and returned our calls or emails promptly, usually the same day.

The hotels he suggested were exactly what we were looking for , since we were most interested in birding & hiking in the Northern part of the country. The complex at Finca Lerida was outstanding! If you are looking for a gorgeous location, a helpful staff, and great trails on-site - you just have to plan to spend a few days here. Make sure to take advantage of the Coffee tour!

When we stayed in the Volcan area, we stayed at the Bambito Hotel. It looks impressive , and the people are very helpful, but it was built about 35 years ago, and needs some updating. We actually felt the Casa Grande Hotel (only a mile away, tucked into the side of a hill) would be our choice should we ever go back. We found the food there was outstanding, and the chefs and entire staff go the extra mile to make every meal an experience. If you visit there, ask for Carolina...she is on the staff, speaks excellent English,

and will help with anything you may need.

All in all, the trip was fabulous, and we are so grateful that we found Scott Ludlum for our trip. All the excellent reviews on the Panama Travel Consultants site are truly deserved. If you're going to Panama, Scott is your connection to a smooth, fabulous adventure!

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

I just returned from Panama (7/20/14) and used Panama Travel Consultants (PTC). I found Scott to be knowledgable, responsive and on top of things. As this was my first trip there I followed his advice nearly 100% as to tours and timing in various places and was rewarded at every step. He and his wife know Panama and can be trusted to deliever the best possible experience for the tourist. I would recommend PTC to anyone who wants to experience Panama at its best.

Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

We recently traveled to Panama City Panama, we used Scott at Panama Travel Consultants and we were extremely pleased. Scott helped us with everything; he arranged airport pickups, hotel pick/drops and English tour guides. We had a wonderful time all THANKS to Scott.

Destin, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

My wife and I just returned from a 19 day Panamanian vacation which we booked through Panama Travel Consultants. The owner, Scott L was a true professional in every sense. We explained to him where we wanted to go, what we wanted to see and the type of accommodations in which we wanted to stay. He put together a wonderfully coordinated trip including transfer drivers, multiple types of tour guides to include regular and a naturalist guide when expertise was needed. Airport pickup and transfers were perfectly coordinated as well as numerous water transfers and land tours. Hotel accommodations were exactly what we wanted and our trip was extremely successful thanks to the outstanding effort of Scott. During our entire trip we had only one small miscommunication error and he resolved it immediately. I would highly recommend and encourage anyone considering a visit to Panama to consult and use Panama Travel Consultants as your travel liaison. You will not be disappointed.

Edited: 4:04 pm, August 22, 2015
Maine
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

We just returned from a trip to Panama that Scott arranged for us. We were interested in learning about the cultures, experiencing the Canal and wildlife, as well as new experiences. The itinerary was perfect and met all our needs. To a person the guides were wonderful and shared both professional and personal knowledge. We loved the zip line - a first for us seniors - and certainly it gave us bragging rights. The Canal itself is truly the eighth wonder of the world and the environment in Panama is beautiful to behold. To take such a trip with no worries (we do not speak Spanish) was only possible because of Scott. We highly recommend a visit to this incredible country.

Oviedo, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

My boyfriend and I just got back from a 9 Day trip planned by Panama Travel Consultants. We were very pleased with our trip which consisted of 3 nights at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, 3 nights at Hotel Valle Escondido in Boquete and the last 2 nights were at the Amador Country Inn and Suites. Our package included tours which were approximately 1/2 day morning tours with the afternoon free, breakfast everyday, and a few lunches. We also had an interior flight with Air Panama to Davide and back to Panama City. We had a great experience with Scott and his company, even while in Panama when some schedules got crossed and we did not have a driver to pick us up in Davide. With 15-20 minutes of my text to Scott, our driver arrived and we were on our way. This was our first time to Panama, so there is no way we could have done this much on our own. All our private drivers spoke English, and the tours were in English as well. We saw the rainforest, the city and the mountains of Panama, all in 9 days!

Riverside...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

We just returned from a trip to Panama that was arranged by Panama Travel Consultants. We had a wonderful time! We spent three days at Gamboa Rainforest Resort and went on several tours. The guides were very knowledgeable and helpful. We took a dug-out canoe to an Embera village that was fascinating. Our guide, Alvaro Montenegro was superb. He told us all sorts of information that we didn't even think to ask about. We went zip-lining in the Antun Valley which was exciting and then took the full passage through the Canal. Every step of the trip was well designed and we enjoyed every moment. Scott took all our "wishes" and made a trip for us that met all of them. I wouldn't use any other company because they couldn't possibly beat perfection!

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

I highly recommend Scott with Panama Travel Consultants. His people on the ground in all areas of Panama are great!

Nancy Hickman

30. Re: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, August 11, 2015
Edited: 10:35 pm, August 11, 2015

Reply to: Panama Travel Consultants - any advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted