We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This "Rainy Season"

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
This "Rainy Season"

I hear comments on here that it rains all the time in "season". What exactly does that mean? I live in FLorida and we too have a rainy season, where it will rain every afternoon for a couple of hours, clear off, be stifling & muggy

for the rest of the evening. Or it will rain all night.

OR are you talking about BIG RAIN, all day, all night and people live up high cause there may be floods? Please explain.

Would love to hear especially from people who live there, but also people that have experienced this on vacation. Thanks.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This "Rainy Season"

Have lived here 9 years now...

Your description of Florida is very similar to Panama City but there are other areas of the country that can get the solid rain for days on end - Bocas del Toro is one area... then there's parts of the Pacific coast that get less rain - and there's even a desert on the Azuero peninsula... not a true desert but still less than average rainfall...

I prefer the "green" season myself - the rain's warm anyways so who cares if you get a bit wet...

Cheers,

Andrew

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This "Rainy Season"

Thanks Andrew, where do you live there?

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This "Rainy Season"

we live right in Panama City - it's cloudy today and we had a brief shower this morning - very unusual but then they say La Niña is happening this year...

Cheers,

Andrew

AB
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: This "Rainy Season"

It rains a lot here in Panama City, heavy rain, but is not like we are in flood risk. Some areas outside the city are more likely to flood than others, but only if they are near rivers, etc.

When it rains heavily for a couple of hours in the city, you will find huge puddles on the streets, and traffic becomes a nightmare for those who drive.

If you don't own a car, you don't have to worry about traffic, but you won't be able to go outside until the rain stops, unless you want to get all wet and dirty. Having an umbrella is completely worthless.

During rainy season, the air feels very humid and sticky, specially when it rains for a few hours, then clears off and the sun comes out!

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This "Rainy Season"

What month(s) do you all consider to be the actual rainy season?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This "Rainy Season"

From mid-April to late December.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This "Rainy Season"

Hi, we are going to Decameron April 23rd for 2 weeks, is it likely to still be sunny? previous post says rainy season is mid april - december, but i've heard that that part of Panama can be quite different to the rest of the county where the weather is concerned. Anyone been at that time of year?

Bellevue, Kentucky
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: This "Rainy Season"

Most of the times I have been to Decameron has been rainy season. The last time I went was in February (summer-dry season). It does rain more during rainy season but at Decameron it is not usually like in the city or other places. If it does rain, it usually doesn't last too long and there is still plenty of sun during the day. Have a great time.

V.

Save Reply
9. Re: This "Rainy Season"

You should be fine at Decameron. It is signifigantly dryer there than in Panama City.