We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Flamenco Resort and Marina

USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
Getting to Flamenco Resort and Marina
Save

We are staying in Executive hotel in Panama city. I wanted to book a partial transit tour of Panama Canal directly with Panama Marine Adventures without using any tour operators. How do I get from my hotel to Flamenco Resort and Marina and how far is it?

Thank you

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Getting to Flamenco Resort and Marina
Save

Just walk out of the hotel, take a right and another right, all the way to Calle 50, stop a Taxi and ask the guy take you to the Causeway (Amador), Flamenco Marina, it's at the end of the Causeway. Take a regular taxi, not a tourist taxi, it shouldn't be more than $2-3, ask the price before. It should take you maybe 20 minutes to get there, depending on traffic.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Getting to Flamenco Resort and Marina
Save

You don't need to go to Calle 50 because the traffic flow is the wrong way...

Just go out onto the street in front of the hotel and flag a taxi that's passing. The Marina (no resort yet!!!) is at the end of the Amador Causeway and the dock with the Pacific Queen will be quite obvious, behind the building where the duty free shop is.

Double check prices as most tour operators will include the transfers for not much more and it will be a lot less hassle than getting a taxi each way.

If you go by taxi, give yourselves lots of time to get there as traffic can be quite backed up, I would leave not much after 8:45am to make sure you get there in time to board the boat and be relaxed - not panicking about missing it. You may be lucky and get there way early but you can walk around the marina, grab a coffee in one of the restaurants etc.

Cheers,

Andrew

3. Re: Getting to Flamenco Resort and Marina

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 10, 2009