We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yikes, bug bites?

Which Panama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia Falls...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Yikes, bug bites?

Spent the last 10 days in Panama, first the city, then Bocas, then Contadora. Arrived home to Montana and am covered with small itchy bumps. Could I have been bitten and it showed up later? My sig other does not have them. Was sunburnt some, also. Took chloroquine, and had all the shots.......

Thank you!

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
1. Re: Yikes, bug bites?

could be sand fleas or "no see-ums", but i just spent 3 weeks on contadora and didn't get but a couple mosquito bites during the night because i leave my patio door open!!

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Yikes, bug bites?

Being a Florida resident, a bit of an expert on no-see-ums.

That is most likely what the bites are, many people react differently to them, should go away in a couple of days, if not see a Doc.

3. Re: Yikes, bug bites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 29, 2009