We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Colonial

Manasss, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Colonial

We are planning a trip to Managua in early April. Our first trip. Have read many good things about Hotel Colonial, but I can't seem to figure out where it is or how to tget there. I want to stay near Managua so if it is in Granada it may be too far. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
eureka, ca
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Colonial

I've only been to Nica once, last year. Going again in 2 weeks. My guess is the Colonial you are asking about is the one in Granada, just off the plaza. If you are only going to be in Managua then you probably won't find the Colonial you are asking about. But Granada is like an hour from Managua by little express shuttle buses, cheap trip. And it's an interesting little city. Quiet, quaint, and worth seeing. Walk, take a taxi or horse cart down to Puerto Asese by the lake. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Managua
Managua
Nicaragua
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Colonial

I have lived on the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua for 15 years.

When I'm staying a night or nights in Managua; I sleep in "Hotel El Conquistador".

The rooms and common areas are very attractive and the service is great from all people working in the hotel. The owner is "Dona Luz" who speaks fairly good English. The breakfasts are included in the U$60/night rate. The full-breakfasts include eggs, gallopintos, toast, and best of all is the so very fresh fruit bowl.

The hotel is only one block from "Plaza Inter" (shopping mall) and a short taxi ride to everything else in Managua.

If you make a reservation there, tell them that Alan and Marty recommended the hotel.

http://hotelelconquistador.com/en/inicio/

Mentioned in this post
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Managua
Managua
Puerto Rico
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Colonial

Hello! Alan, Marty and Doña Luz.

My name is Ricardo and I will be joining you from April 2 - 9. I will be traveling with my friends Eduardo, Felix Mario who have already been there, and also with my other friend Reinaldo. I cant wait to meet you all if possible and enjoy not only your hospitality and attractive hotel (recommended by Alan and Marty), but also your beautiful country. I hope we can all have a good time and share many of our experiences. See you all in April.

From Puerto Rico with love;

Ricardo (Ricky)

E-mail : martinezrey2003@yahoo.com

This is my friends E-mail.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Shawano
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Colonial

I've been to Nicaragua several times and usually stay at the Best Western Las Mercedes while in Managua, which is very close to the airport. Very nice accomodations and reasonable rates. It's a cab ride to City Center.

Mentioned in this post
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Managua
Managua
5. Re: Hotel Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 29, 2009