We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spanish schools in Nicaragua

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
spanish schools in Nicaragua

can anyone recommend a good spanish school in Managua or anywhere else in Nicaragua? I'm already at the intermediate level and need a program that will help with my fluency.

edmonton,alberta
Level Contributor
465 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

Hola, The best one that i know is Viva...in the heart of Managua. They offer 6 levels of classes...from beginner to advanced. They also offer flexible hours...day or evenings. There is a one week minimum attendance required..with a range of 2-4 hours classroom per day. If you are trying to improve upon your fluency....this school is the right one....they know their stuff!!. Check them out at: http://www.vivaspanishschool.com There is also a very good school in San Juan del Sur..(2hrs.south of Managua)...but i can't remember the name of it....but i could find out, if you want.

Cheers, Gary

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

I recommend School Xpress in Granada.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

I am also at intermediate level and enjoyed classes at Spanish One-on-One (www.spanish1on1.net) in Granada. As implied by the name, classes are individual and tailored to your level. Mine were four hours per day, from 9 to 1, Monday through Friday. All teachers are native speakers. Cost is $95 for the week. The only downside is that the building is not airconditioned (I don't know of any school in Granada that is), but there are fans and you do begin to adapt.

Granada is an excellent place in which to be based. Fascinating historical colonial town, good places to stay and eat inexpensively, relatively little English is spoken so you will be getting a good immersion experience.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

thanks for all the tips. interesting tip by playamon on San Juan del Sur. Does anyone know the name of some good programs there? I like the idea of being in a beach town.

Nicaragua
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

There are several Spanish school in San Juan del Sur:

www.learnspanishya.com

www.sjdsspanish.com

www.latinamericanspanishschool.com

They offer home-stay with a local family with meals included, some afternoon activities and the Spanish lesson in the morning.

Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

we have heard good things about the school inside of the Granada Red Cross , I found the school website on Google(www.granadanicaraguaspanish.com)

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

We are just back from our trip to Nicaragua. I'm around an advanced beginner level I suppose, and, just as I'd heard from others, I found the Nica accent terribly difficult to understand. I am just wondering if this is a problem when one goes to a Spanish school.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

I suspect that it depends on the school or the individual teachers. On the street you'll certainly find a lot of local idioms (as elsewhere in the Americas) as well as a tendency to drop the "s" at the end of words (which is different from Mexico where the "s" tends to be more strongly emphasized). As an Anglo, I've personally found it easier to speak and understand Spanish in Panama and in Colombia,... though I still greatly improved my Spanish when studying in Nicaragua.

9. Re: spanish schools in Nicaragua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, October 08, 2009