We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

Detroit
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

Hello!

I land in Managua at 12:18 am on July 29th (Sunday), 2014. I really want to skip Managua and go straight to Granada, or ideally San Juan del Sur so that I can partake in Sunday Funday! What would be the best way to get to Granada or San Juan del Sur? Could I take a shuttle after midnight? A taxi? Should I wait in the airport and head to one of the cities in the morning? What are your suggestions!? I really appreciate any help in advance and I look forward to traveling Nicaragua!!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

Get in touch with shuttle services companies as Iskra travel or Nicashuttle if they have more than one you will pay what they normally ask US$20 if they do not have more people they will ask the same amount that a private cab US$ 40. so those are your options staying at the airport waiting for what if there are no more shuttles in the morning what is the point walking as a Zombie.

2. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:03 am, July 24, 2014
Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

Greetings PuraVidaZ: Yes, please get to SJdS at three a.m. so you can be ready to party hearty the next day. So how was Cancun? That's me being sarcastic, btw...

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

Detroit
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

hahaha I actually left Cancun after one night and decided to spend time in Playa del Carmen and Tulum. I hope I can make it to SJDS with enough energy for Sunday Funday; is it safe to get a shuttle/taxi that late at night? I will probably be driving around 1am and I am most concerned about safety as I am by myself.

White Plains, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

Hey there MIke. I have heard loads of fantasticness about you and your farmstay from Sara at Firefly on Little Corn. I am leaving tmrw to head out that way to practice massage for a few months. I also arrive at 1218 early Wed morn 11 JUne. I havent decided exactly what I am going to do that night or where to stay, and Im rolling solo. Is your place a possibilty? If so how do I get there? What is the transport scene that late at night and is it super sketchy?

Wed during the day, I wanted to explore some volcanos, jungles, churches, markets, and have some yummy food. Might you know a guide/travel buddy who would like to join me?

Could you be so kind as to also reply to my email Adrianne.Barrett@gmail.com It seems to run better on my phone.

Thanks for any info you'd like to share with me. Many thanks. Perhaps Ill see you tmrw. Cheers, Adrianne

6. Re: Managua to San Juan del Sur/Granada at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2015