We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

Kensington
Level Contributor
335 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

My hubby wants to go another destination besides Mexico. We are looking for a nice- approaching luxury- resort on a sandy beach with good swimming and snorkeling. It would be best if it is a bit out of the way and eco friendly. We have been to Costa Rica but never to any other Central American country. We would prefer the Pacific as that would be closer to us. Any other countries too!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
63 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

If you are into snorkeling, Belize is much better than elsewhere in Central America. Tobacco Caye is the cheapest awesome place with excellent reef just offshore. We also stayed at San Pedro, but at the northern part just before the canal, so it was peaceful and full of locals as well as tourists, but still easy to walk to town for dinner. Hotel del rio. Hol Chan is the best snorkeling tour I've ever taken, and I've snorkeled in many places, great barrier reef etc. Vastly better than Corn Islands, anything in Costa Rica.

Snorkeling in Bocas Panama was not as amazing, but had the most beautiful coral I've ever seen. Stayed at Al Natural, expensive, but Bocas is not cheap. But it is paradise, jungle, candlelit dinners, awesome cabins, just amazing.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
143 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

Hi! Does Rancho Santana have a main pool and is it close to a town where there are restaurants, too?

new haven
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

There is a main pool that was not crowded at all when we were there. It overlooks the beach and is very pretty. There's a bar at the pool too. Not really a town nearby, just a couple restaurants (maybe even just one), but we never tried them. The food at Rancho Santana was very good.

14. Re: Nice resort for restful beach vacation in Central America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 07, 2015