We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

San Francisco
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

Both kayaking options (las isletas & rio istian) sound great. If you have been to both of them, was this your experience? Would you say it's worth budgeting time to kayak both, or does one area suffice?

Nicaragua Escapade
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, City Tours
iViva Nicaragua! Tour Company
City Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Kayaking & Canoeing, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Salinas Grandes Day Beach Resort
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

if i would have the time and money i would do both again nice places both better early in the morning or late in the afternoon.

Byron

San Francisco
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

I thought you'd come thru for me Byron. Thanks again for your insight!

P.S I agree with a previous post for you to have a site called everythingIknowaboutNica.com :)

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

LOL. thanks, it feel fine helping people. More when you really love your country and what you do.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,737 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

I have done both, know that it is more of a paddle than a Kayak adventure. Just saying because of your avatar.

I enjoyed both very much but if I had to pick just one it would be Ometepe.

My report is under the forums.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

Thanks. I figured it's more of a paddle - that's fine - & that Ometepe would be the better or the two, but wasn't sure. I appreciate you taking the time to opine.

6. Re: Kayaking - Granada & Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014