We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
57 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

I know, this topic has been done to death, so I apologize.

What I've gleaned:

If you hustle, you can make the 2'ish flight from Managua (when arriving from Houston 11'ish).

There's always the chance you won't make it.

My question: is there anyone here who has not made this connection? All responses point to the possibility, but I have yet to hear of someone that did not make it.

Thanks for reading! We'll be shattered after about 20 straight hours of travel so I'm trying to discern if it's worth taking that chance. If not, we'll change our travel plans to head in another direction when we land in Managua. Staying overnight in Managua isn't an option. We simply have too few vacation days to waste one in a hotel room.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,489 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

I have only gone through immigration in Managua 2x's each was a matter of minutes. We too came though Houston. We pack light, carry on only and sit in front of the plane.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
57 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

Cheers alli!

I'm trying to convince my husband to go carry-on only, so this might help!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,489 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

Good for you, you really don't need much. Even with carry on I over packed!

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

Just to add something about the benefits of carry on-only travel, your flight to Corn Island on La Costeña has weight restrictions also, so it is best to travel light.

Another point in favor of carry on is that we've recently experienced a rash of visitors staying with us at Farmstay El Portón Verde whose checked baggage did not arrive with them on their flight. If your bag does not make it with you, no way will you be going directly to CI!

5. Re: Connection Times-Houston->Managua->Big Corn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 21, 2014