We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I will be arriving at Managua airport at 2am on Christmas day.

We have decided to spend a few hours at the airport until the safer early morning hours.

Initially, we planned on flying to Corn islands early in the morning of the 25th, however there are no flights to Big Corn on Xmas.

We were considering going to Leon instead. Does anyone have recommendations on the safest and most cost efficient way of arriving in Leon from Managua airport on Christmas day?

Any other tips for traveling around Nicaragua during this time of year would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
143 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

I would suggest booking a hotel and asking them to arrange transportation.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

The safest on this day has to be the hotel across the street Best western or Camino real about 5 minutes away driving they have shuttle Next day get a taxy to the UCA bus station and go to Leon this is the cheapest way because the other one is a private transportation from Managua to Leon or the other option is a shuttle service to Granada and start in Granada.

Byron

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

BTW i wrote this for somebody that was doing some backpacking in Nicaragua on his way to Costa Rica but please take in consideration that this days there are less buses running.

tripadvisor.com/…43813285

Byron.

4. Re: Arriving in Managua 2AM Xmas Day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 21, 2013