We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

Hi,

We just returned from an amazing 10 day stay in NICA! We spent the first 4 nights at Casa San Francisco in Granada and the next 5 at Pelican Eyes in SJDS. Byron Ortega helped me decide on these locations and picked all 6 of us (parents and 4 daughters!) up at the airport. We planned excursions to the Islands/boat and walking tour of Granada, explored Mumbacho Volcano, Lake Apoyo, Masaya, and had an absolutely first rate history and cultural lesson along the way from Byron (and his trusty driver Ronald in a great AC large van). We had great lunch stops, toured a local pottery place, went to the market, had help at the Bank, felt totally safe and cared for while with Byron!!! We totally enjoyed his informative chatting with us and what we learned about this beautiful country while with him. Byron also thoughtfully took us to the market in Granada before our drive to SJDS and brought an ice chest for us to store our drinks and groceries in!!! AND..he was always on time and patiently waited for our less than prompt arrivals!!!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
714 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

I have not had the pleasure of using Byron's services while visiting Nica but certainly have appreciated his advise given on this forum. Sounds like you had a great time.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

There is not better satisfaction for a tour guide that the tourist that you had showed your country had a wonderful safe trip in Nicaragua. It was such a nice pleasure having you (Allen Family) and by the way I had a talk to my wife and not one kid we will have we would love to have 2 but not four LOL, no now serious your girls were fabulous it was a really nice trip thank you for visiting my country.

Byron

Edited: 12:41 pm, July 09, 2012
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

Yeah!!! 2 kids...that is progress!!! HA! Keep me posted! We will post some pics soon! You are in many of them!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

that will be nice but if you want you can add me to your facebook profile just type byron ortega and you will find me.

Byron

5. Re: Travel Guide help in Granada and SJDS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2013