We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
499 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

We are in the midst of planning a trip to Nicaragua for two weeks over New Year's, but are doing some fine tuning with the dates because we will be in several locations over the course of the trip.

Most likely it looks like we will bein SJDS over New Year's Eve, most likely Dec 27th - Jan 2. I've read that the week after Christmas the town sort of explodes with people, but is this the WHOLE week, or just the day of NYE and the day after or...

Don't mind a couple days of partying, but I don't think I could take a whole week of it and might move some of our dates around. I was originally attracted to it because it looked like a relaxing place. If it helps - I think we will be staying in a B&B that is about 15 min away from all the "action".

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

The 31st will be a crazy night and the first will be full of locals the rest of the week will be smoth but because is the first week of the year espect many more locals on the weekend.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

Thanks!

We're probably going to leave SJDS on the 2nd and go to Ometepe for a few days, just waiting for some confirmations from hotels to make sure availability will be okay now :)

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

Very good enjoy Nicaragua, if need more help will be my pleasure

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

Greetings LazyRose: Just get ready to hear lots of loud, banging M-80 type explosions and lots of skyrockets at midnight! In Nicaragua they really celebrate like the USA used to for Independence Day!

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

I'm looking forward to it! Turns out we are going to be there a couple extra days than originally intended. Booked our plane tickets yesterday and all the acccomadations are reserved; very excited now :)

6. Re: New Year's in SJDS - Just how crazy/busy does it get?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 pm, June 21, 2013