We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan to travel to Nicaragua

VALLENTUNA
Level Contributor
74 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Plan to travel to Nicaragua

Next year I plan to travel in Central America. What is a must to visit?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

my three picks are snorkling on the belize honduran islands,antigua and ometepe and theres lots in between

VALLENTUNA
Level Contributor
74 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

Hi,

I am interested in culture, folklore and nature.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

That will be Nicaragua, filled with Culture wherever you go, Floklore as well and nature in different arts of the country

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

Check the different big companies like Latin america Journey or GAP or Explore, etc and check their itinerary they are always have really nice options but they rush too much, pick the best and make your own one. Enjoy CA.

ny,ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

Depends how long you are coming. If you are staying for 1 week, I would split my time between granada and the pacific coast. Granada is beautiful, accessible, and cute. On the pacific I would stay around gigante - avoid touristy SJDS except for maybe a day.

If you are a nature lover, there are a few beautiful eco-lodges in the country - Aqua wellness resort, Jicaro island eco-lodge, and Morgan's Rock are three -- you can see them all on tripadvisor.

If you are coming for longer I would also suggest a visit to the atlantic coast (corn island), matagalps area (coffee plantations) and potentially Leon - which has some more accessible ancient culture.

If you want to access the local culture more, speak Spanish, or take some Spanish lessons, a few words will get you a very long way culturally - Nicas are a warm and encouraging people who love to socialize.

T

6. Re: Plan to travel to Nicaragua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 29, 2012