We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Costena Airline

Abu Dhabi, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
La Costena Airline

Beware of this company. I wanted to make a reservation and they told me to email them my credit card information. I did not hear back from them so I called them. They told me that they had not received my information, and to go ahead and make the reservations over the phone. I went ahead and did that but an hour later, I realized that they had made two reservations for me and charged me twice. I called the next day in order to reverse one of the charges. It took me about 10 tries to finally get connected with someone because the operator kept hanging up on me or leaving me on hold for 10 minutes at a time. Once I finally got connected with someone, I asked them to refund the extra charge and to email me letting me know when that had happened and what reservation was the one that they kept. They did not email me but they did refund the extra charge (because I called my credit card company to ask). Be careful when dealing with them! Unfortunately they seem to be the only airline that flies to Corn Island because I wish I could take my business elsewhere!

Full Day Nicaragua Tour
42 Reviews
from $175.00*
Free Cancellation
Day Trip to Granada, Masaya and...
17 Reviews
from $90.00*
Free Cancellation
Full-day Nicaragua tour from Liberia...
8 Reviews
from $160.00*
Free Cancellation
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Costena Airline

It is unfortunate, there used to be another airline called Atlantic Arilines but they shut down operations.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Costena Airline

Is La Costena the only airline option to get to Corn Island? What is their website address?

thanks

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Costena Airline

Yes it is the only airline, their web page is www.lacostena.com.ni but it seems to be down, you do nto have to buy the tickets directly from them, contact ORO Travel at www.orotravel.com you can even get a package from them

4. Re: La Costena Airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, September 03, 2010