We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

I've just been reading reports in the papers about the mayoral elections and violent political protests in various cities in Nicaragua. What's the deal? I'm planning on going to Nicaragua in Feb but want to make sure it's stable.

Anyone over there right now?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

I just got back from Nicaragua. I was following the situation in the local news, and it seems like most of the activity was non-violent in nature. There were a few incidents, yes, but it sounds like you had to get right into the action if you wanted to get hurt.

However, February is months away, and anything can happen between now and then. My guess is it'll all settle down before then - but who knows?

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

I'm in Leon, no problems!

…typepad.com/leon_nicaragua/homepage/

US
Level Contributor
28 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

this is a good link to check vianica.com/nicaragua/9-health-and-safety.ht…

4. Re: political situation...is it ok to go to Leon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 14, 2009