We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer/Day Trips

Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer/Day Trips

We're headed to Nicaragua for 10 days staying at the Montelimar and are in the process of arranging transport from the airport to the hotel. For those of you who've done this please give advice on the following:

1. OroTravel wants payment up front by faxing our credit card info (not comfortable with this)

2. Emailed Adelante Express but received a response from Coatlan Tours rep. Are they one and the same?

Any other suggestions for companies that provide transport and day trips from the resort?

No Rush Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Matagalpa Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Mas Adventures
Day Trips, Horseback Riding Tours, City Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

As I understand it, you would like Oro Travel to send a car to meet you at the the Managua Airport, an hour or a bit less from Granada, but you are not willing to guarantee the arrangement by credit card. Oro Travel is a very reputable company BTW.

Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

OroTravel is one of our possibilities and we have no problem paying them in advance to secure our reservations, but do have a problem with faxing credit card information to a company we have never dealt with. If you've dealt with them before, I would appreciate some feedback.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

I have, many times, and have referred them many times as well. I know the owner-manager Pascal Picot and his staff very well. We have used them for transfers, tours for ourselves and guests.

Magnolia, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

i cannot say enough good stuff about paxeos. you should check them out. www.paxeos.com we use them for almost all of our transfers. the owner is nica and speaks very good english. very easy to work with and good pricing for the quality of service.

i'm surprised to hear that about adelante express they are very responsive and organized. the mostly do transfers from the airport to sjds so they may have passed your request off.

hope this helps!

Maryland USA
Level Contributor
65 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

Oro travel is the best and I sent them my credit card info and you have nothing to worry about. Good folks and enjoy Montelimar.

Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm been very pleased with Oro so far. They've responded to emails very promptly and professionally. My only concern was the faxing of the information. I'm glad to have received positive reports and now feel less hesitant about completing the transaction this way given everyone's positive experiences. Feedback was much appreciated.

7. Re: Transfer/Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 04, 2009