We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matagalpa Hotel that is not Selva Negra

mexico
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Matagalpa Hotel that is not Selva Negra

Is it worth spending a night in Matagalpa and seeing the city? I was in Selva Negra and loved it but saw nothing of Matagalpa.

This trip will include Leon and a week in Esteli and a couple of days in Grenada...I have time for a day or so in Matagalpa if there is a reason.

Any other suggestions in central to noryth would be appreciated

Have spent several days in both Isla Ometepe and San Juan del Sur so they are not for this trip.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mentioned in this post
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matagalpa Hotel that is not Selva Negra

Maybe. If it is linked with a visit to one of the coffee producers such as Finca Esperanza Verde. Otherwise, I have found Matagalpa to be uninteresting. Perhaps someone else has a more positive perspective. Spend the additional day in Granada, perhaps.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
2. Re: Matagalpa Hotel that is not Selva Negra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 07, 2009