We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around the resort...

London, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Around the resort...

Are there any local restaurants around the resort that guests can easily get to? Is it advisable to email and ask for specific rooms or is that a dream?? Also can you reserve alacarts ahead of time?

Thanks for you responses!

Lulu

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around the resort...

Hola Lulu!

The Decameron is pretty isolated so there aren't any restaurants within walking distance. The resort is very objectionable to any guest leaving the resort other than with Decameron Explorer tours which, of course, is just a ploy to keep your business with them, but you can arrange for a private driver or taxi to take you into Acajutla or Los Cobanos for an excellent meal with stunning ocean front views or you can visit the city of Sonsonate for many other restaurant choices.

You are certainly welcome to email the RDS to request a specific room or location & they do their best to accommodate all requests...no guarantees though. There are lots of posts on this forum about the different room locations that will help you get a feel for where you might like to stay. We always stayed at the far end of Block 2 which is very central yet far enough away for peace & quiet. Blocks 1, 2 & 5 have Juliet balconies on floors 2 & 3....all 1st floor rooms have a walk out patio with chairs. Blocks 3 & 4 have spacious walkout balconies with seating & again, all 1st floor rooms have ground level walkouts. There is plenty of transportation around the resort to get you to the out of the way a la cartes, between Lobby 1 & 2, between buildings, etc.

Reservations for all the a la cartes are done in Lobby 1 on the morning before the day you want to dine. Sometimes there is a bit of a line but it's not difficult to get the time & restaurant you want. There are 2 seatings each evening--6:30 pm & 8:30 pm.

Hope this helps, lodac! If you have any more questions or concerns, just ask this forum or feel free to message me any time! I am very passionate about this incredible country & everything it has to offer. It is my home now & I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Cheers! .... Cathy :D

London, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Around the resort...

Thank you Cathy!!!!!

We have wanted to go there for so long!! We are excited to share this experience with our middle daughter and her boyfriend!!! If you have specific names of restaurants that would be great! We are adventurous and really want to see the country. Also do you have an email address for the resort? So, its your home now? Where did you originally call home? Any other tips and tricks to make this a great trip would be appreciated! We like to please the people that make our vacations memeorable, is there anything specific you can think of that might make life easier for our new friends? Thanks for all your info...please feel free to email me...lodac@cwisp.ca....Thanks again, lulu :)

3. Re: Around the resort...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 01, 2013
London, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Around the resort...

Thanks! Any recommendations for trips? Would love to Zipline...but extreme fear heights are holding me back....would my crazy crying and screams ruin it for the others? I went once in Costa Rica and apparently it was a "baby course", been looking at youtube videos and chair training...but a promise of seafood and wine might sweeten the deal!!! Thanks in advance for any insight to make this trip awesome!!!

lulu

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Around the resort...

Hi Lulu!

Apaneca zip lining is the best in Central America--you have to do it & don't worry about making noise! You won't be the first one! lol It's not really scary because it's so much fun! You'll be mad at yourself if you don't do it! If you're fit & like a challenge, climbing Santa Ana volcano is spectacular....a bit of a hike but getting to the top is divine--it was my once in a lifetime moment & well worth every step! It's the highest point in El Salvador & the panoramic view is breathtaking--& the crater lake is incredible to say the least! Cerro Verde volcanic park is also beautiful for a real up close with a dormant volcano that you can almost touch. The Impossible Forest & the Cascades & thermal springs are fabulous plus the surfing Playas of La Libertad with La Libertad itself for a walk down the pier with all the seafood vendors & seeing the fishing boats launched by winch from the end of the pier with many great eats at the restaurants. The restaurant in Acajutla is well known & the best so there's no missing it.

For some wonderful culture/crafts, the Ruta de Las Flores is awesome for a real taste of El Salvador artisans, food, people & lifestyle. The little towns of Ataco, Juayua, Apaneca are beautiful & full of things to see & do with great street shopping as you wander cobblestone streets & browse markets for fresh fruits/veggies, superb cafes & restaurants, etc. Joya de Ceren Mayan village is mystifying & oh my...there's just so many amazing things to experience in this little country!

I'm going to recommend that you contact my very close & personal friend, Francisco Tobar who owns/operates Thextreme Tour! He's the best & everyone loves him & his tours are to die for! His email is thextremetour@yahoo.com or check him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thextremetour to get a really good idea of his services. His prices are unbeatable & his excursions are unforgettable! He also will be private driver if you have a specific destination you want to get to! You can't go wrong with Francisco!

I'll send you an email with some more personal information about us & where & why we are living in El Salvador & loving every minute!! It is truly the hidden gem of Central America! I'm so happy you decided to vacation here & you'll see why yourself shortly after you arrive! When are you coming, Lulu?

I have no doubts that you will fall in love with El Salvador like all the rest of us! The Salvadoran people are warm, friendly, happy people who love to entertain guests to their country. They are very proud people & a bit on the shy side so a friendly greeting with a smile opens the door to a Salvadoran's heart! We have always felt very welcomed since our first trip here in 2005 when we fell in love & it just keeps getting better! That's why it's home now & we wouldn't change a thing! We live on the beach with the most incredibly beautiful sparkling soft black sand beach that leads to a warm & wonderful Pacific Ocean! We are surrounded by the most beautiful landscapes with 180 degree view of the mountains behind us & 180 degree view of the coast! Paradise!! (plus the sun shines every single day--well at least 363 days of the year! lol) :D

I'm happy you're excited & I know you will make memories galore with your family here in El Salvador! Email to follow! :D

Cheers, Lulu! .... Cathy :D

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Around the resort...

Santa Ana volcano is imppresive and well worthed. Also swimming in the COLD water at the falls was something unique, a once in a lifetime thing. Francisco is a great guide and you have to tell him your interests so he can tailor the trips accordingly.

7. Re: Around the resort...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 02, 2014