We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decameron salinitas

Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
decameron salinitas

hello,

there is aackage trip offered from canada. however, i think that this hotel is close to 200 km. away from the capital.

i like to explore cities as well. do you know anything about this resort?

thanks

irpro@trinity.utoronto.ca

1. Re: decameron salinitas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:37 pm, December 10, 2012
Ottawa ON
Level Contributor
125 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decameron salinitas

The Royal Decameron Salinatas is quite far from San Salvador and the airport as the previous poster has noted. I think most packages include transfers to and from the airport (or it may be available for a fee).

Note that there are not any places to walk to or explore outside of the resort unless you book a guide. Suggest you read the reviews of the resort to see if it is right for you.

El Salvador is a lovely country with lots of areas to explore. Consider a flight only option if you like to travel independently (available with most charters). There are tourguides that can help set up a fun and interesting itinerary if you prefer (Cuscatlan Tours is one of many, research the forum to learn of more). San Salvador is worth a visit if you can fit it in.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decameron salinitas

You may want to check out the tours offered by the resort- we were there several years ago and they had 2 different day trips to visit San Salvador.

AJ

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: decameron salinitas

Depending on what you want to do, if you don't want to go with a large group you can rent a private van and driver through the tour company (Decameron Explorer). That way you can go at your own leisure and where you would like to go.

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: decameron salinitas

Hola travelbug!

The Decameron is a beautiful resort with a great deal to enjoy & offer! As the previous posters mention, it is isolated in a beautiful location on the shores of El Salvador but you can still get a real taste of this amazing country outside of the resort. You can walk down the beach to the right past the resort boundaries & discover little eateries, fresh fruit & juices, etc. The left beach is very rocky & difficult to maneuver. As well, you can tour with the Decameron Explorer, or take a taxi to get out on your own. The RDS will try to dissuade you as they want your tourist $ but we, & others we have met over the years, prefer to support local Salvadorans with our travel $ whenever we can. We always ventured out on our own & were always rewarded with unforgettable experiences. As with international travel anywhere in the world, travellers are wise to be discreet, polite & respectful, as well as to know a few Spanish phrases which the Salvadorans love!

I am very happy & privileged to tell you about our very dear friend, Francisco Tobar, who is an amazing private driver/tour guide. His love for his country is his passion & he makes sure his guests are always surprised & excited with what he has up his sleeve! He is 33 with a young family of his own, fluently bilingual, educated & has incredible talent & sense of humour. He delights in making sure everyone gets above & beyond what they expected! Sadly, Francisco is recovering from a nasty fall off a ladder :( but is planning to be up & going again in the New Year. If you are planning to visit El Salvador in January or later, please message me & I will be very happy to talk to Francisco who will contact you by email or phone to make some plans. Actually, he prefers to call guests to El Salvador to talk personally & make some plans.

We are Canadian expats who live permanently in El Salvador now. We fell in love with this spectacular country on our first trip in 2005 when the Decameron first opened. We never stopped coming back regularly, bought our home here in March 2011 & here we are loving our new life! I am more than happy to help from a Canadian perspective! ;)

I really hope you decide to visit El Salvador--you will love it & find yourself longing to return! This little country is truly a hidden gem but anxious to make its mark on the world as it is up & coming as an amazing tropical destination!

Salud, & happy travels!

Cathy :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: decameron salinitas

Hi Cathy

My husband and I are heading to El Salvador to Royal Decameron for the first two weeks in February. This is our first time going to this country. Was wondering if your friend Francisco may be able to help us in finding a small fishing boat with a local guide. When searching online we could not find anything under $300. We would much rather be on our own rather than a boat full of tourists. Thanks in advance for your time.

Annette

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: decameron salinitas

Hola Annette

What wonderful news to hear that you are looking forward to your first visit to magnificent El Salvador! You will see for yourself how incredible this hidden gem is!

I will talk to Francisco on Monday (Nov 14) as well as send him this link by email so he can look into this for you.

You are in for an unforgettable 2 weeks of incredible weather, phenomenal people & a truly spectacular country! The Decameron is beautiful & has a great deal to offer guests!

Cheers! :) .....Cathy

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: decameron salinitas

Hola Annette-

I talked to Francisco about your wishes to do a quiet & private fishing adventure and he is currently working on setting one up as part of his agenda. He has had other requests for a fishing tour so he is trying hard to work out the details. He said the price would be around $150.00 to $200.00US but he would know better once he is up and around in early January or as soon as possible. There's only so much you can do by telephone and internet and he sure is anxious to be running around again on 2 legs! lol He's frustrated as well because his computer is giving him problems which couldn't happen at a worse time since he has such limited mobility as it is.

When Francisco has finalized things, he will happily be in touch with you, if you don't mind, so he can give you some details to think about before your trip the first 2 weeks of February.

Hope this helps you plan and look forward to your incredible trip to spectacular El Salvador!!

Salud! .....Cathy :)

toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: decameron salinitas

travelbug, email Claudia at Cuscatlan Tours...

cuscatlantravel@gmail.com.

Myself and my fiance have just booked our second trip to the RDS for January 2nd and I have reached out to her myself to plan some trips. I've read nothing but amazing things about the company.

Claudia returned my email immediately and i have a huge list of options.

They will craft a day around whatever it is you'd like to do.

hope that helps.

toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: decameron salinitas

Oh and about the resort.

It's nothing short of amazing! Food is decent, rooms are a little dated but with unvelievably comfortable beds, ac works fine, hot water.

weather is unmatched in the caribbean, nothing but sunshine (we were there in february last year, January this year, but i hear it's the same)