We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

I heard that you if you go to El Salvador (would be staying at Decameron Salinitas), you can do day trips to Guatemala and Honduras. First, is this true? If so, how long of a drive is it to each of these places? And any idea the cost of such an excursion?

Thank you in advance!

1. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:52 am, January 19, 2013
New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

Antigua, Guatemala (and Lake Atitlan) remains quite a ways from El Salvador but worth the trip! I would not suggest bringing a car over the border as it can by a time consuming hassle. You can get to Guatemala City from Santa Ana or San Salvador by bus (many comfortable companies-go to Puerto Bus terminal in San Salvador). Once in Guate, Antigua is about 45 minutes away. Don't miss the beautiful cobblestoned streets and colorful buildings!

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

Try this website for info.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294476-c85370/San-Sa…

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

Also try this website

decameron.com/eng/…activities.html

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

You can count on a good solid 3 hours just to get to Antigua from the Decameron resort. It may be a bit more depending on the time spent at the border. I've never did it, but from other people comments, it was worth it. I fifure that Copan in Honduras won't be available, but you can still visit some ruins in El Salvador, about 1 hour away. The ruins are nothing compared to Mexico's but still something to see.

6. Re: Excursions to Guatemala and Honduras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 27, 2010