We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukranian Folk Music/ Dance

Dubai
Level Contributor
32 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Ukranian Folk Music/ Dance

Hi, I am currently in Kiev on business for while, arrived last week and already seen a bit of the ancient as well as Modern city and I must say that Kiev is such a pretty city! I have heard of Ukranian folk music to be very famous. Would you have idea where and when could I get a chance to see something of this genre in Kiev - any places where they have this kind of music/ dance? Thanks very much..

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ukranian Folk Music/ Dance

Hi Barb and welcome to Kyiv forum :)

Sorry for late response - I'm busy travelling this summer :(

Is it too late now and it was the week that is almost over that you asked about? Because there is a lot to happen next week during the celebration of the Independence day:

tripadvisor.com/…51811202

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ukranian Folk Music/ Dance

To anyone interested in the same, I'd like to recommend the Jubilee concert by Veryovka National Academic Folk Chorus http://www.veryovka.kiev.ua/about_e.html

The concert will take place on September 12, 2013 in the Philharmonic house in Kyiv:

www.filarmonia.com.ua/en.afisha?2013-09-12

13. Re: Ukranian Folk Music/ Dance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, September 03, 2014