We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Thjinking of using Wizz to Zhuliany, arrives quite late are Taxi available to Sunflower B&B at this time?

Is this airport better than Boryspil

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,815 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Hello EastofEngland :)

How lovely to see you in Ukraine forum again.

What do you mean by late, please? In any case, taxi drivers that “work” in the airport are normally well aware of the flights schedule. So as long as there’s hope for getting any passengers, they will be waiting no matter what the hour is.

As for Zhulyany vs Boryspil, not sure what your understanding of the “better airport” is, but Zhulyany is much, much smaller and simpler than Boryspil. There are significantly fewer flights operated from there. The infrastructure is less developed than in KBP. Before the new terminal for international flights has been opened (for Euro-2012), it looked more like a rural barn than an airport.

But it has one undoubted benefit – location right in the city of Kyiv. So it takes faster to get to downtown from there than from Boryspil.

Edited: 5:23 am, April 05, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Just what I wanted to know Cora.

I am now over my health problems & am looking again to visit your country.

Best regards

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,815 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

My thoughts over to you :) Get well soon!

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Just had another thought, I will be arriving at about 20:00, will Money Exchange shops still be open at airport?

Also will the money exchange shops in the city be open at this time?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,815 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Have a look at this one as for the exchange in the airport:

http://airport.kiev.ua/en/services/atm/

And yes, it's will still be possible to find money changers (bureaus, not banks) open in the city centre, but they might already switch the "night rates" on (i.e. offer very, very unfavourable rates). So better check with us what the current ex-rate is and if you see that the one you are offered is way too different (be attentive to the digits displays), better change only small amount, or withdraw from the ATM.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

Agin many thanks

7. Re: Wizz Air to Zhuliany Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2014