We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Hi, relatives of mine are going to Kiev this week and have to take a taxi from the airport to the Ibis Hotel in Kiev Central (Shevchenko Boulevard) - how much should they be prepared to pay? Tx.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Hi CharliesGirl,

Zhulyany airport is within the city boundaries, so it's just a short ride to Ibis. The fair rate for a called-up taxi as of today is about UAH 37-40 (ca US$4.6-4.9).

Unfortunately, your relatives will most probably not be able to get this price, if they don't speak any Russian and if they are going to take a cab right in the airport.

So consider this a benchmark, and tell them to haggle.

Edited: 1:30 pm, October 14, 2012
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Thanks Cora_v!

I suspect their haggling capabilities will be essential on this trip! Maybe they should just print a notice in Ukrainian saying where they want to go and how much they are prepared to pay :-)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

>>> their haggling capabilities will be essential on this trip!

With taxis - definitely! Sadly, these guys are crooks, especially when they "smell" a foreigner. It's not unheard of them requesting UAH100 (US$12) for one block ride, which can be walked in 7minutes :(

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Yes - I've heard lots of those tales in my research for their trip... However, not a true reflection on the rest of the population I hope - the vodka intake might be more of a worry.. :-)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Only before you take it ;)

No worries after... At all.

6. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, October 19, 2012
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

In the current edition of Kiev in Your Pocket (that you can download for free) it says not to take a taxi outside the airport but to use the kiosk located in the terminal building.

Is this not still the case?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

You're right... it is better to use the kiosk inside the terminal building. I mean we are not talking about a lot of money here - just a few pounds - but if you are on a budget... Also, getting a taxi booked and fare agreed through your hotel is sometimes cheaper than one on the street. Having signs typed up beforehand of where you want to go in native Ukraine also helped a lot...(Google translate). Overall the people in Kiev were very friendly and helpful - with one policeman even walking them to their destination. Will be posting a fuller picture of their visit on another review along with a review of the Ibis Kiev, which was great.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

I'd be interested in the Ibis review as that is where I have booked but I generally use Ibis so I'm not expecting any surprises.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of taxi from Zhuliany Airport to Ibis Kiev

Hi CharliesGirl :)

Glad to read yours seemed to have been fine in Kyiv! Thanks a lot for the update.

It would be just wonderful if you could please start a new thread with "a fuller picture of their visit", so that I could add it to our Trip Reports collection :)

Many thanks in advance!