We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Hi,

I'm planning on going with a friend to the Ukraine in two weeks. We are two Egyptian guys, and we're looking to try and visit Chernobyl and get a military tour. Anyone have recommendations about either? And any idea how much they would cost?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Hi riddle,

There’s no such thing as “average price for a military tour”, I’m afraid, because military tours differ substantially, hence significant price variations.

As for Chornobyl trips, these are mainly priced more or less similar, because there’s a limited number of operators offering it (the others merely re-sell). But the price depends on whether you take a group or an individual tour, and on if it’s a one- or two-days visit.

Average price of a one-day group trip to Chornobyl for foreigners (except the CIS) as of today is about US$ 150 per person.

You can read more about visits to Chornobyl in my earlier thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k396…

2. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:08 am, October 11, 2012
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Hello, Cora,

have you personally ever visited Chernobyl or Pripyat as well?

Thnx,

M.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Twice.

Why?

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

wow....i have never, but want so much....though afraid of smth, and do not know of what...... that's why i asked....

Thanx!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

In addition to mine above, perhaps this old thread addresses some of your concerns:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k275…

I'm not going to encourage you, this is something everyone should decide on themselves. But if you have any questions that were not covered in these two threads I just linked to, please, feel free to ask.

Edited: 11:29 am, October 11, 2012
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

By the way, if you are interested, you can find some of my pictures here (slideshow button is in the left upper corner):

Chornobyl Museum in Kyiv: https:/…UkraineChornobylMuseum

Chornobyl and Prypyat: https:/…UkraineChornobylPrypyat

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Yep, I know.. Thank you a lot... Chernobyl museum has been already visited ;) i can't say that was easy.... phhhhh..... in any case.... when i decide to go - i will ask you about )

PS special thanx for pics....beautiful...if it can be said so in this case...touchy... better word).... touchy, calm, uneasy.....

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Thank you, Maria.

Simferopol
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Average Price of Chernobyl Tour and Military Tours?

Hi Riddle,

I've been in military tour in Crimea ten days ago. Visited three very interesting places underground and had a dinner on a military ship. The cost was 2000UAH (about $250) but it worth this money. Send me PM and I could tell you more about the tour.