We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bored in Netishyn

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockdale
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bored in Netishyn

Hi,

I'm from Australia and am out near Netishyn for a couple of weeks. I've done the standard swim in the resoivoir and walks around the city but really isn't not much else to do than eat/drink/sleep.

I would like to know if anyone can advise any interesting that we can do here.

Regards,

Jeff

odessa ukraine
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bored in Netishyn

move to another place? Like Odessa Ukraine? Plenty to do, and check this gallery:

http://odessainterpreters.com/gallery/

if you need any help, moving, write to me

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bored in Netishyn

Hi Jeff!

How on earth did you end up there? Anything to do with the station perhaps? ;) The town is certainly not a touristy one, so no wonder you should have get bored there.

But Odessa is by no means a very poor suggestion once you are in Netyshin. While the nearby area is one of the richest with castles and fortresses in Ukraine! For example, you might want to hire a car and make it to Ostroh, Kremenets or Dubno, all very close. Or to Pochaiv Lavra, one of the most important sanctuaries in Ukraine.

Sorry, I was a bit late to see this post of yours as I’m travelling now, away from Ukraine. Let know if you still need any tips and help and I’ll get back with more details, should you wish.

Rockdale
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bored in Netishyn

Thanks all for your replies. Fortunately we managed to get away to Zatoka which was much nicer than being in Netishyn especially in this crazy heat.

Reason that I am out here is that my Wife's family is out here and she moved away when she was 18 so she doesn't really know any of the nice things to see out here so unfortunately spent my time here looking out the window admiring the old soviet apartment blocks :-) when I am sure that there is more to this place than the power station

But thanks for the suggestions really appreciate it. Any suggestions about anything local to see (as I'll probably be out here again because of family)

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bored in Netishyn

Hi Jeff,

Wow, Zatoka is far from being Netyshin’s neighborhood! With this spirit, you could have, indeed, done it to any place in Ukraine :) Glad you had a great time, after all!

I’ll make a list of some places to see in the area and update a bit later.

5. Re: Bored in Netishyn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 26, 2011