We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Topic
Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Have read today about an idea I loved, so gladly share. A local news portal is launching a photo coverage of Kyiv museums.

Featuring first is Zoological museum of The Ukraine Academy of Sciences’ National Scientific Museum of Natural History. As I mentioned in suggested Kyiv Itinerary tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k329… Natural History Museum is a large museum complex combining Geology, Paleontology, Archeology, Zoology and Botanic museums. And as far as I can see, in addition to Zoology museum pictures from some other are included into this coverage as well.

Enjoy the pictures and welcome to the museum!

http://mignews.com.ua/ru/photo/636.html

Located 15 Bohdan Khmelnitskiy Str. Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am till 5pm. Entrance UAH 15 [eq. USD 1.9] adults, UAH 10 [eq. USD 1.25] kids.

Edited: 2:10 pm, March 04, 2010
Ukraine
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

It ia real good idea! It must be interesting not only for foreighners.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Another news portal today features Exotic plants currently blossoming in the greenhouse of Gryshko Central Botanic Garden. Blossoming now (in March) are Azalea, Camellia, Caladenia, Orchidaceae. Orchids collection of Gryshko Botanic Garden is said to be one of the best in Europe.

http://gallery.korrespondent.net/kyiv/2120# Press «Следующая» to move to the next photo.

Located 1 Tymyryazivska Str. Guiding directions: from Pecherska metro (subway) station take bus #62 or trolleybus #14 till the terminal stop «Botanic Garden» («Ботанiчний сад»).

Greenhouse (orchid house) is open Mon - Fri from 11am till 4pm, Sat-Sun from 10am till 5pm.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Featuring next is the Museum of Hetmanship. Its collections and exhibitions represent the Cossack era of Ukraine http://mignews.com.ua/ru/photo/681.html

More information about Ukrainian Hetmans is available here …wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetmans_of_Ukrainian_Cos…

Located 16-б Spaska Str. (not far from Kontraktova Sq. subway station, Podil area)

Open daily from 10am till 5pm.

Web-site (in Ukrainian only, but you can see the pics) www.getman-museum.kiev.ua/page_expo.html

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
946 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Excellent photo-reportage from the WWII Museum:

…livejournal.com/kiev_photo/…cutid1

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

Many thanks for contributing Enigma! :)

The pictures are very good, but the text is rubbish.

The WWII museum is one of the must-sees in Kyiv, I believe. Even those indifferent to the military staff won't regret going there as it offers a stunning view over Kyiv Pechersk Lavra and the Dnieper river.

By the way, for many Kyivans who went to school in the area back in Soviet times, it’s also connected with the childhood memories of joining the SU Young pioneer organisation - the ceremony took place inside the Motherland monument.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
946 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

I agree regarding the text, but for the purposes of this forum, and visitors who won't be able to understand it, I think photos are great/helpful/interesting.

Yes, the memories of being inducted are still fresh...... :-).

7. Re: Kyiv Museums in Pictures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 29, 2010