We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping In Kiev

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping In Kiev

Hello,

I'm going to Kiev at the end of May and I wanted to know what is the best shopping areas for women clothing? Also, I know the USD dollar is stronger than the Ukrainian money but does this mean that the clothing is also cheaper or does it equal up to be the same amount in USD.

Kiev
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping In Kiev

I suppose you are in city centre, so you may consider the shopping mall Ukraina, as well as several branded boutique shops around Kreshatik blvd.

The branded items are more expensive in Ukraine comparing to USA or Western Europe, the unbranded are low quality, so I would not consider Kiev as to be a true shopping destination.

Anya from tour operator KievStag

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping In Kiev

You only have 2 options: buying designer (LV, Gucci, Ferragamo, Bottega, etc) and overpaying OR non-designer, which still will be ridiculously priced and of equally ridiculous quality. You're from US, hit any mall, heck, any GAP and you'll do so much better, I can't even begin to tell you. Now, if you were posting in a Paris/Milan forum, replies would be much different :-D

Kiev
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping In Kiev

I think Khreschatik (Passage) is the best shopping area. There are not so many shops but you can get a high quality stuff.

If you are not in to designer clothing we have many shopping malls all over Kiev.

I also agree with two previous replies Ukraine isn’t the best place for shopping.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping In Kiev

I dont know what they are called but they have these open air makets, with hundreds of booths, With all the knock of brands,I found the clothing to be quite unique, Found lots of stuff you would never see in Canada, My wife bought a few purses and wallets, each item was equivalent to about 20 canadian dollars, We called the place the Bizzar.

5. Re: Shopping In Kiev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, November 03, 2009