We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Ukraine
Search

My trip to Kherson

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
My trip to Kherson
Save

Hi all I just wanted to ask about Kherson I will be arriving in Kiev on the 10 September 2014 I intend to stay in Kiev for 2-3 days then travel by train to Kherson and stay for 2 days returning to Kiev and then travel to Lviv for about 7 days . I have read a number of posts about recent events however i do not see much information about travel to Kherson and any safety risk or problems hopefully this indicates all is well in Kherson and surrounding areas any information i can obtain will be most helpful . this will be my first trip outside Australia. Kind Regards Paul from Australia

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
135 reviews
78 helpful votes
1. Re: My trip to Kherson
Save

Hi Paul.

My wife's family are from a city around 1 hour drive from Kherson.

We are on the Uk Foreign Office's regular update about Ukraine re the dangers and areas to avoid.

Kherson is not mentioned as an area to be worried about.

My niece's in laws are from the surrounding area and they say that there is little trouble or indication of trouble there

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2. Re: My trip to Kherson
Save

thank you :)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
341 reviews
1,095 helpful votes
3. Re: My trip to Kherson
Save

Hi Paul and welcome to Ukraine forum!

Several colleagues of mine have spent their summer holidays in Kherson area with their kids. They reported no issues whatsoever and have fairly enjoyed their stay. One family travelled by train, another by car.

4. Re: My trip to Kherson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 14, 2015