We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukraine International Air Lines

New York City
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Ukraine International Air Lines

I am actually going to Israel, but the cheapest airfares are Ukraine International Airlines (by alot of money almost $450)

Has anyone every flown this airline , Is is safe with decent service?

The layover in Kiev is short so if that airport is a dump, Its ok

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

I flew with them in February, service on board was fine, a little disorganised at Gatwick airport; I put that down to the airport not the airline. Borispol airport is like a any other European international airport these days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Flew them in Juy; they're OK. Food was adequate, but not brilliant. Air hostesses were better looking and less bossy than BA ;) You seemed to get a newer plane if you were flying between Borispol and Europe, US, etc, than if you were flying inter-CIS. Borispol is OK; as the above poster said, like any other european airport. All airlines are similar, so for a $450 saving, it's a no-brainer.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Agree with the others. We flew twice - admittedly within Ukraine - with UIA and they were fine. There was a late departure on our flight from Kyiv to Lviv, but that was the worst that I could say about them.

>>for a $450 saving, it's a no-brainer<<

Couldn't agree more.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

I used them from Odessa to Istanbul, no problems,

Puget Sound...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Used them to fly Frankfurt-Kiev and back. It's the only time I've even been on a plane in which the pilot started taxiing while passengers were still standing in the aisles filling the overhead compartments. Pretty funny; otherwise OK.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Hello all.

I'm looking to book a flight to Tbilisi in September and Ukrainian Airlines are not only the cheapest but are by far the most convenient in terms of arrival and departure times. Are the current difficulties in Ukraine having an impact on flights to/from Kiev? Obviously September is a few months away and I hope the situation is resolved by then, for the sake of the Ukrainian people.

Many thanks

Edited: 3:21 pm, May 06, 2014
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Hi Stephen W and welcome to Ukraine forum! :)

The airports in Kyiv have never been affected by the recent events, and continued to operate international flights with no interruptions all this time. You can check the on-line tableaux of both Kyiv airports, if you wish, to make sure this is so.

And Georgia is among one of the popular travel destinations with Ukrainians - and vice versa :)

New York City
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

I found a airfaire only a little more than Ukraine Airlines on El Al and its a direct flight and I dont have to worry about the political situation in Ukraine.

One day I will make it to Ukraine, its on my Bucket list as Id like to see the places where my ancestors came from

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Hi Cora_v

Many thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

Thats good to hear, I think I will go ahead with the flights I am currently looking at.

I'm very much looking forward to visiting Georgia, i must say it looks like a beautiful country.

I dearly hope for an end to the currently difficulties in Ukraine

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ukraine International Air Lines

Thank you very much for your support, Stephen!

Please, look through this forum from time to time for the updates, just to be informed.

Georgia IS an amazing country, indeed! Magnificent people, delicious food and good wines, breathtakingly scenic nature, amazing singing and dancing traditions, lots of activities (from sea swimming to skiing and mountain hiking)...

I could go on and on, but I guess this should better be done in Georgia forum ;) tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294194-i9343-Geor…

Edited: 4:10 pm, May 06, 2014